N.I.N.A. offers a broad variety of capabilities. The toolset spans from choosing, framing, focusing, centering and imaging one or multiple targets and much more.
Be it for beginners or for advanced astrophotographers, N.I.N.A. will keep configuration requirements to the minimum and will assist you through the process of imaging.
Free. Open Source.
Utilizing the powerful GPLv3 License, this project is fully free and open source while welcoming every feedback and contributions. If you want to contribute, please refer to our contribution guidelines inside our bitbucket repository.
Full equipment control
- Filter Wheels
- Weather Devices
- Statistics calculation for each frame
- Automatic stretch for a good preview of data
- Star Detection with Half Flux Radius calculation
- Exposure time recommendations
- Set up sequences for multiple targets
- Specify various exposure times, number of exposures, filters and more
- Automatic target framing using platesolving
- Automatic focus after a set of conditions
- Save image files by dynamic names using various macros
- Saved FITS and XISF files contain a broad variety of available header keywords
- Detailed Atlas for over 10000 Deep Sky Objects
- Advanced filtering to get just the Deep Sky Objects that are relevant for you
- Altitude charts for each object based on your location
- Various Sky Surveys to pull data from for framing
- Get a preview of your Field of View
- Drag the preview for a precise position for framing
- Offline Sky Map containing all Sky Atlas DSOs, Constellations and Coordinate Gridlines
to quickly choose a target and frame it properly
Fully customizable UI
- Imaging tab can be fully customized to display all that you need to see at once
- All UI colors can be customized
- Choose on a bunch of preset themes
And much more
- Tools to assist on your polar alignment
- Weather data
- List of bright focus stars to quickly slew to
- Flat wizard to automatically take best flatpanel exposures
- Synchronized Dither for multiple instances of N.I.N.A.
- and more …