The Focuser Tab lets you connect and control one of the following flat panels:
- Alnitak Flip-Flat
- Allpro Spike-a-flat
- Artesky flat box
- Pegasus Astro Flat Master
- Flat panel information
- Toggle light on/off
- Brightness slider to control flat panel brightness
- Open/Close flat panel cover if present
- Opens the Flat Cover when taking darks or dark flats
- Closes the flat panel cover when the sequence/s end
- Uses trained flats exposures in (9) when taking flats
- Clearc trained exposures times
- Trained flats exposure times from the Flats Wizard
Trained exposure table will automatically populate when running the Flats Wizard and will report the gains/exposure times for each Filter, remebering the relative flat panel brightness.
Follow these steps to fully automate the acquisition of flat frames at the end of an imaging sequence:
- Populate the Trained Exposure Times Table
- Create a new sequence (or load a pre-defined sequence) in Sequence tab at the end of the imaging sequences (let's call it "Flats").
- Populate the "Flats" sequence with the flats frames you want to take, set Type = FLATS and leave exposure Time to 0.
When N.I:N.A. detects the image type FLATS it will automatically close the flat panel and use the Trained Exposure Times to regulate the panel brightness and exposure time